If you haven’t, it is not too late!
Many universities are still accepting applications for the Fall 2011, but you have to act quickly.
Here are a few tips:
• Fill out an application. Most applications are available in paper form and online.
• Send in your official transcripts from EVERY college or university you have attended. At OCCC you would contact the Records department for an official copy of your transcript.
• Meet with an adviser at your new institution to get help with your educational plan.
• Enroll as soon as possible for the best course selection at your new university.
• If you are an international student, these deadlines can be earlier, so pay close attention.
• Act early and talk with Sunny Garner to make sure SEVIS paperwork is in order.
• If at all possible, make your fall schedule before you travel home for the summer. This will ensure you get the most optimal times and days for your classes at your new institution.
• If you still are not sure where you want to transfer, there are many services available to help you make an informed decision.
• Recruiter visits – Four-year university representatives are available in the Transfer Center (outside of Academic Advising). Visit http:// www.occc.edu/TransferCenter/Calendar.pdf for a calendar of schools being represented.
• Campus Tours – The Transfer Center will take a group of students to an institution to get a tour, application and scholarship information, meet with and adviser, and sometimes lunch. The tour dates are coming, so watch the website for more details.
• Academic Advisers – Meet with an academic adviser at OCCC. Our advisers can help you map out your educational goals. For more information on transferring, transfer activities or academic advising, please contact Melissa Aguigui at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-682-7567.